Cyber resilience is the ability of an enterprise to limit the impact of security incidents by deploying and arranging appropriate security tools and processes. To successfully build and enhance your organizational cyber-resilience, it is critical to understand that the role of the CISO encompasses more than just being a compliance monitor and security enforcer. The CISO must elevate security conversation to the board and instill a culture of shared cyber-risk ownership across the organization.
The following five step plan will get you on the right path to building your cyber-resilience and stay ahead of the adversaries:
1. Achieve true visibility across your entire environment
2. Hire and retain top talent
3. Elevate cybersecurity to be a board level issue
4. Develop laser-focus on security fundamentals
5. Get proactive to avoid breaches