Trademark Usage Guidelines
Balbix’s trademarks and brands are Balbix intellectual property and are among our most valuable assets. In order to preserve and protect these brands, it is essential that they are used properly.
These Guidelines apply to Balbix employees, customers, partners, licensees, outside suppliers and vendors, and other third parties. If you are a Licensee of a Balbix trademark or logo, your license agreement may have particular usage guidelines different than provided here. If so, please follow the specific guidelines in your agreement. If you are a Licensee but have not been provided with special guidelines for usage of Balbix brands, then these Guidelines apply to your usage of Balbix brands.
You may reference Balbix’s products and services using the Balbix trademarks, so long as such references are: (1) truthful, fair, and not misleading, and (2) comply with these Guidelines, which may be modified from time to time by Balbix in its sole discretion. The Balbix trademarks and brands should never be used in a way that could cause anyone wrongly to believe that your products or services are offered, endorsed, or sponsored by Balbix or any of its subsidiaries.
Specific Do’s and Dont’s
Balbix Suppliers and Vendors
Please follow the specific trademark usage guidelines, if any, contained in your agreement with Balbix. Use of Balbix’s trademarks and brands must be explicitly approved by Balbix Procurement and Branding. Please contact your Balbix representative with any questions regarding the approval process.
Properly designate the status of Balbix’s trademarks by using the correct trademark symbol (® or ™) reflecting Balbix’s ownership of particular marks as set forth below. Also include an attribution of Balbix’s ownership in the following format: “_______ is a trademark of Balbix, Inc.”
- In letters, memos, press releases, white papers, advertising, slides, foils, video, and other multimedia presentations:
- Properly designate (with ® or ™) all of Balbix’s trademarks at the most prominent use (usually a headline) and again on the first occurrence in copy; and
- In the case of presentation graphics, trademarks should be designated with the proper trademark symbol on each page, slide, and foil.
- In newsletters, magazines, and publications containing multiple articles:
- Properly designate (with ® or ™) all of Balbix’s trademarks on the first occurrence in the document, in headlines and on the first occurrence in every article in which they are used.
- In brochures, annual/quarterly reports, books, technical documentation, and other bound documents:
- Properly designate (with ® or ™) all of Balbix’s trademarks on the first occurrence in the document, in headlines, and on the first occurrence in text.
- In all charts or graphs, properly designate trademarks (with ® or ™).
- On all packaging, always use the trademark symbol in every reference.
Trademarks are Singular Adjectives, Not Verbs and Should Not be Made Possessive
Use the Balbix trademarks only as adjectives followed by the appropriate generic product or service noun describing the relevant product or service (e.g., “the Balbix® help desk platform rocks”). Balbix trademarks should not be used in plural or possessive form or as verbs.
References to Balbix, Inc.
When Balbix is used to refer to our company, Balbix, Inc., rather than as a brand of product or services, then the rules for proper usage change slightly. Unlike trademarks, company names are proper nouns; they can be used in the possessive form and do not need to be followed by a generic term. Neither the ™ nor ® symbol should accompany references to Balbix as a company. Example:
Correct: Balbix is now offering its customers more choices than ever.
Incorrect: Balbix® is now offering its customers more choices than ever.
Do not assert rights over any Balbix brand whether by incorporating a Balbix brand into your own product or service names, trademarks, logos, company names, or domain names or seeking a trademark or domain name registration for any term that includes a Balbix brand.
Balbix Logo Use
Do not make unlicensed use of Balbix logos Third party use of Balbix logos requires a license or written permission from Balbix. If you are interested in obtaining a license to use a Balbix trademark or logo, contact us to discuss your proposed use.
No Trademark Bidding
Unless expressly permitted in an agreement between you and Balbix, you may not bid on a Balbix trademark (or any variant or extension thereof) as a keyword on any search engine, or use a Balbix trademark (or any variant or extension thereof) in any form of paid advertising including, but not limited to, paid social and display advertisements.
You may not use a Balbix trademark in a disparaging or degrading manner.